Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Picture Of The Day

People drink the first mugs of beer after the official opening of the 184th Oktoberfest, Munich's annual beer festival, on September 16, 2017. © AFP 2017/ DPA/Felix Hörhager

WNU Editor: Sighhh .... was there about 20 years ago with my father, mother, two uncles with their wives, and 2 cousins (my cousins are ex-paratroopers .... so you can imagine how they drink). Had a great time .... and if you have a chance, do make a visit if you are in Germany during this time of year. On my visit the highlight was when I took an accordion (yes .... I can play the accordion) from one of the musicians and played the song "Beer-Barrel Polka" .... thankfully .... cell phone cameras and the internet were in their infancy when I did that. The above picture is from this photo-gallery .... Let It Beer! Oktoberfest Fun Begins in Germany (Sputnik).

3 comments:

RussInSoCal said...

I have been drunk in Munich during October Fest.

BUCKET,
CHECK,

R

James said...

WNU,
You realize of course the money I would have paid for that picture is enormous.

Unknown said...

The best time eva! Spent two weeks in Munich and had a great time. Oktoberfest is definitely something to partake of at least once.